Easter Miracle: Dylan Kerry Miraculously Woke Up From Coma A Day after Being Taken Off Support

Posted on Apr 4 2018 - 11:42pm by Editorial

A family residing in Britain celebrated in a grand manner Easter Sunday as they called it “Easter miracle”.

You may ask the sole reason this British family called it “Easter miracle”- what is more than special on this very day.

But first, how would you feel if the unexpected happens in the life of one of the members of your family, especially when it comes to a crossroads of life and death? When someone you love so much comes back to life having lost hope in his recovery, how would you feel?

Well as for this British family, they felt abso-thankful-lutely. What really happened that prompted them to call Sunday (April the 1st) “Easter miracle”?

On Easter Sunday 2016, their little boy, Dylan Askin, woke up miraculously from a coma a day after medical support was taken off him.

During an interview by Daily Mail, Dylan’s mother, Kerry Askin said she was not massively religious but she really thought it was a great miracle.

Exactly two years ago, Dylan Askin suffered from Langerhans cells histiocytosis (LCH) a rare disease involving clonal proliferation of Langerhans cells also known as abnormal cells. These cells affect the lungs- making it uneasy for one to breathe.

Having noticed the condition of young Dylan, he was hospitalized since he had problems with his breath. Doctors discovered that he had cysts covering his lungs and that little Dylan was seriously suffering from a collapsed lung. A cyst is a sac-like structure that is not a normal part of the tissue where it is found.

He was diagnosed with Langerhans cell histiocytosis. But there seemed to be no improvement since he later contracted pneumonia. For this very reason, little Dylan’s parents on Good Friday in 2016 were completely willing to say goodbye to him.

Kerry Askin said: “On Good Friday they told us things were looking bleak and that we weren’t going to get him back. All the settings on all the machines were at their highest and he was still struggling. We had him christened, all his family came from all over to say goodbye, including his big brother.”

So, the next day- on Saturday the doctors who had diagnosed him with LCH were taking him off support. But the unexpected happened- Dylan’s heart rate returned to normal.

Kerry said. “We just said stop; there is still fight in him. Then his oxygen levels started to pick up, and he started coming back to us. By Easter Sunday, he was stable enough that I felt completely comfortable.

A month after he woke up, Dylan was utterly healthy enough to return home and he completed chemotherapy in July 2017.

"I was strong in the belief that Dylan was our Easter miracle," Kerry Askin said.

About the Author

Leave A Response